Bilma PUD had a scare with a false positive for E. coli bacteria. The District issue a notice to residents on the website and emergency messaging instructing residents to boil their water that morning, while additional tests were being completed. That afternoon the District utilized the website and emergency messaging to reassure residents that Bilma PUD water was found safe to drink. The operator said Bilma water was always safe to drink and a testing sample was inaccurate. Multiple residents used the contact form on the District’s website to make contact, allowing the District to know what the residents concerns were.
The District uses their website to not only get word out to residents, but also to highlight the facilities the district maintains to ensure the water and wastewater in the district is handled properly.